There are lots of different ways to help
DONATE TO OUR IMPACT CAMPAIGN IN TURKEY AND ACROSS THE WORLD
Domestic abuse and femicide is a global problem and we want to share this urgent and inspiring story as widely as possible.
We are delighted to be the UK Entry for Best International Feature for the Oscars. However, we are a small team without big streamers or studios to support an Oscar campaign, so if you want femicide to be at the front of the Oscars and Bafta discussions please donate to the film below.
We are also seeking funding to develop trauma- informed screenings in Turkey which offer a facilitated safe space for audiences to share experiences of domestic abuse as well as access psychological support and legal advice. Due to political sensitivities, we have no other way to show the film in Turkey, other than through private screenings, so your support is vital.
Finally, if you wish to make a financial contribution to help the women in the film please add their name as reference to your donation and we will make sure they receive the funds.
SPREAD THE WORD
Use the hashtags #DyingToDivorce #IstanbulConventionSavesLifes
We are working with lots of amazing partners on screenings. You can support these local domestic violence groups directly by following links below. Many services have been cut or lost funding during the pandemic and they rely on generous support to keep saving lives.
- UK: IKWRO
- EDINBURGH: Shakti Women's Aid Edinburgh
- DUNDEE: Dundee Women's Aid
- GLASGOW: Women’s Support Project
If you are experience domestic violence and need help you can contact the following organisations:
- UK – National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Scotland's 24 hour Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline on 0800 027 1234
- Dundee Women’s Aid support line: 01382 207099
- Iranian & Kurdish Women’s Rights Organisation: 0207 920 6460 For out-of-hours emergencies call: Kurdish / Arabic/ English: 07846 275246 Farsi / Dari / English: 07846 310157
- Shakti Women’s Aid Edinburgh: Fife: 01383 732 289 Dundee: 01382 207 095 Forth Valley: 07757-035-794
HOST A SCREENING
More information about the International and UK based screening campaign is coming soon. If you would like to host a screening chose the drop-down option in the contact form below and send us a message.
If you just want more information and to be kept up to date join on our plans our mailing list at the bottom of the page.